Small red blisters on mons pubis. Any ideas of what could be this?

I have a very small line of very tiny red blisters on my mons pubis along with two individual blisters. Any ideas? I've had them for over 2 months.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
I have seen the picture attached with the query. The small blisters that you are having can be due to either bacterial infection or herpes infection but a physical examination and investigation would be helpful in confirmation of the diagnosis.

I do recommend that you obtain a screening evaluation for Herpes- Serology for HERPES viruses. (Antibody tests - for HSV1 and HSV 2).
Meanwhile you can follow general cleanliness measures and avoid touching the area with bare fingers to avoid any further infection.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.