Small puss filled boils on thigh and scrotum. Applied Neosporin. No change. Suggest permanent solution

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hi .. During my 30 day vacation to the USA ... I used public toilets often .. . I saw small puss filled multiple boils develop on my inner thigh and scrotum .. There is not itching or pain at all .. I have applied Neosporin cream sine past 15 days .. Some times Neosporin powder also .. But they have still not gone .. Pls help .. What shod I do to get rid of them ...
Posted Thu, 21 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Photograph required Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query, Public toilets are an important source of infection. You must have got an infection, most probably candida. I would like to see a photograph of the lesions. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and I can help you better. Please upload a photograph. Waiting for your response. Thank you.

Follow-up: Small puss filled boils on thigh and scrotum. Applied Neosporin. No change. Suggest permanent solution 10 minutes later
Dear Doctor .. I have uploaded a few photos .. pls check .. thnks..

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: molluscum contagiousum Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the photograph. These are molluscum contagiousum lesions. It is a viral infection usually transmitted sexually but can even be transmitted through toilet seats. Dont worry these can be easily removed by needle. Please XXXXXXX a dermatologist and get it done. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Small puss filled boils on thigh and scrotum. Applied Neosporin. No change. Suggest permanent solution 26 minutes later
Thank you for the info Doctor. I have a few questions:- 1) cant these go by having any sort of medication ? 2) removal by needle meaning surgery ? How long will this procedure take ? 3) permanently will be removed or can this infection can come back again ? 4) can you pls recommend any reputed doctor in mumbai who I can go to ? I stay in andheri west area ...

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, It can be removed only with needles. its not surgery. It is removed somewhat like how thorn is removed with needle. Dont worry it is not painful. There is no topical medication to cure it. There are chances that it may come back again but slowly your body will take over and these will stop recurring. Sorry I dont have idea about doctors in mumbai. Thank you

Follow-up: Small puss filled boils on thigh and scrotum. Applied Neosporin. No change. Suggest permanent solution 6 days later
Dear Doctor, I visited a dermatologist , and on coming Wednesday I.e 6th nov he said he will remove the infection using a needle ... but till then I want to prevent any more spreading of the boils ... I have noticed a few more have developed .. should I keep it dry ? Apply any powder ? Apply any ointment ? Pls let me know what I shld do ...

Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the follow up. There is no cream to prevent spread. It has to be removed. Even the small ones need to be removed. Dont worry it will not spread much. Soon your body will develop immunity and these lesions will stop recurring. Thank you

Follow-up: Small puss filled boils on thigh and scrotum. Applied Neosporin. No change. Suggest permanent solution 1 hour later
Dear doctor, Pls can u suggest me any medication to boost my body immunity and resistance to fight viruses .... Thnks ...

Brief Answer: multivitamins Detailed Answer: Hello, You can take multivitamin tablet daily. Vitamins are very important in boosting our immune system. Thank you