Small pinhead water blisters on both sides of Achilles tendon and foot, swelling and discoloration in calf. Cure ?

I have small pinhead water blisters on both sides of the Achilles tendon and along the sides of my foot. After sitting and then upon rising, there is pain (short lived) in my middle of my foot. After about five minutes this leaves. There is some swelling in the calf with some slight redness in discoloration (hard to notice unless you are looking at it). When pressing the skin in the calves on the bone it takes longer than normal to return to normal. What is it and what can I do to get rid of it.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
From the description given it seems that you are having some ischemic changes in your leg. The second most probable cause can be XXXXXXX vein thrombosis.
Diabetes needs to be ruled out by checking the blood glucose levels.
You need to consult your physician for detailed examination and investigations like-
* D-dimer blood test
* Doppler ultrasound exam of the legs
* Plethysmography (measurement of blood flow) of the legs
* X-rays to show veins in the affected area(venography)
For the blisters on the sides of your foot, do a daily dressing with an antiseptic powder like bacitracin or neosporin.
Elevate your leg while resting on at least two pillows.
Hope this answers your query.I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.