Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Small pimple marks, dark circles. How can I control these?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2609 Questions
Hi Madam,

There is a small pimple Marks (Small wholes),& Dark Circle in my face..
So how can i Control This.
Please Suggest good treatments.



Posted Thu, 13 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later

Thanks for your query

I understand your concern for your skin problems and I hope i will be able to help you in the same.

Now your problem is that of post acne scars and dark circles

Firstly regarding post acne scars, it is important to assess the type of acne scars that one has, whether they are superficial or deep and whether they are pin point or tunnelled.
It would be great if you can click some close up pictures of the skin rash and upload them here on this page. You can also email the pictures to YYYY@YYYY with subject line as “attention to Dr. Geetika Paul”.

We have various treatment modalities available for acne scars.
For very superficial scars, topical application of retinoic acid 0.025% at night for prolonged period helps. But this medicine is not to be rubbed into the skin.
Then if there are pigmented scars , a topical lightening agent like kojic acid can also be applied during day time.
Make sure that you do not touch the acne lesion , if you have them. Touching or squeezing of acne can lead to increase chances of scarring and pigmentation.
Use a sunscreen with spf more than 26 regularly. Apply it atleast 30 minutes before going out in the sun.
If inspite of the above therapy, there is not much response then I would advise you to see a dermatologist as we have various very good cosmetological treatments available for acne scars in the form of chemical peels, dermabrasion, dermarollers and laser therapy.
As far as your problem of dark circles is concerned, I would like to tell you that it is mostly determined by one's genes, though some improvement can be done with the help of topical medications.
Since area around eyes is very sensitive, so something like kojic acid and vitamin C combination can be used around eyes twice a day.
It is important to get your haemoglobin levels assessed as anaemia is common cause for this pigmentation.
Also, try to take a diet XXXXXXX in fruits and salads as intake of vitamins and antioxidants is very good for skin.

Hope it helps

If you can follow up with close pictures of your face, it would be great

Waiting for your response

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Small pimple marks, dark circles. How can I control these? 1 hour later
Dear Ma'am,

Can u suggest any Tablets for this Problem,??

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 4 minutes later

As far as oral medications are concerned, intake of oral vitamin c 500 mgs supplementation twice a day will be of benefit to you both in reducing acne scars as well as the pigmentation around your eyes.
But application of topical medications is very essential and is the more effective modality of treatment.

Anything else bothering you, please let me know.

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Small pimple marks, dark circles. How can I control these? 15 hours later
k madam, i will Take Vitamin C Tablet.

I Have Sent Photos Also

Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 32 minutes later

I have seen the attached picture.
You can start with the prescribed treatment .
Apply tretinoin at night and kojic acid in the morning.
I am sure this treatment will help in reducing the acne scars and the pigmentation.

Anything else that you want to know, please tell.

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Small pimple marks, dark circles. How can I control these? 1 hour later

Thank u so much Madam,


Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 58 minutes later

You are most welcome. Please follow the treatment and instructions as told. I am sure it will fund great help.

Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor