Small penis that loses erection very soon during foreplay or sex. Any tips to overcome this ?

Sexologist
Question
Hi, ive chosen to come online to speak to someone because i feel rather nervous about doing so in person. My names XXXXXXX, and im 22.
Basically i have few querys and minor issues that i want to discuss concerning my penis, and masturbating etc. I do have quite a small penis, when not errected and at normal size its probly nearing about two inches in length. and about 4 to 5 inches when erected. Over the years when growing up and that ive never really been taught how to properly masturbate, e.g pulling the foreskin back over the head of the penis and that. I find that when masturbating on my own i have never really pulled the skin back over the head, basically because i dont find at all easy to do, hurts a little and i also find that my foreskin is rather tight. When masturbating i tend to pull the skin back and forward never really showing the head of the penis, the penis stays hard and i do end up by cumming which is good though. But if i do try pulling the skin right back over the head i do find it a little painful and does end up in me loosing my erection.
Now when it comes to being sexually active with a women partner it doesnt quite work out how i like. My penis can start by getting hard from us touching each other and kissing etc, though when she starts masturbating me or touching my penis she will do so starting slowly but then eventually building up and pulling it back and forth and pulling the foreskin past the head of the penis. Pretty much as soon as this happens i loose my erection slightly which affects my confidence. This is also a problem when it comes to having proper intercourse. My low confidence and nerves kicks in and i just loose my erection. or if the skin is pulled right back when i try to enter my penis into her vagina i just loose erection and we end up not having intercourse.
Basically i just want to know if theres anything i am doing wrong, is there anything i can take which can help keep my penis erected during foreplay and sex, or if i need to see someone about it, Many thanks, XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. A. CHAKRAVARTHY 13 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

I shall try my level best to help you.

First concern of you is your length of penis. Size of flaccid penis has no role in sexual activity. Erect penis of more than 3 inches is more than enough to satisfy a woman since the sexually sensitive area in a woman's vagina is only the outer 1/3rd which measures about 1 - 1 1/2 inches when sexually aroused.

Regarding your second concern, any painful stimuli can make you lose your erection. If you have pain while retracting foreskin, you can go for circumcision or in mild conditions you can use water based lubricants like K Y jelly.

You need to come out of the anxiety that you have in your sexual performance. Communicate openly with your partner, indulge in a good foreplay. Your performance should increase in due time.

As of now, you do not need any medications for maintaining an erection since you are doing normal while masturbating. There is no absolute indication to see a specialist too now.

If symptoms persist even after taking the above measures, then you may consider talking to a sexologist or a professional sexual counsellor.

Hope I cleared your query in detail. Still if you have more queries I am there to help you out

Dr A CHAKRAVARTHY