Small lump on the upper left side of pelvis, tender to touch, twinges while walking. Treatment ?

I have a small lump on th upper left side of my pelvis, tender to touch and occasionally sort of twinges when I walk
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 14 minutes later

Lump on the upper pelvic region can be due to various causes as trauma,enlarged lymph nodes,Hernia,infections or a Lipoma.

Since it is tender and twinges on walking possibility of hernia seems to be there which is a small sac formed by the lining of abdominal cavity.

Hernias can occur due to heavy weight lifting,constipation,cough,smoking,poor nutrition etc.

A physical examination is the only way to confirm it and it is necessary to evaluate the size,shape,consistency,association with coughing,standing.

I would advise you to visit your Healthcare Provider who can rule out the exact cause after proper evaluation of the lump.

Hope this information is adequate.I will be available for follow up query if any.

Follow-up: Small lump on the upper left side of pelvis, tender to touch, twinges while walking. Treatment ? 45 minutes later
Something i believe may be unassociated is that when I am standing; putting pressure on my lower stomach causes no discomfort however lying down, this causes pain, as though ther is tenderness
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 24 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

I hope that you did not have an injury on that area as groin injury can sometimes lead to persistent pain for few weeks.Other than that it can be a swollen lymph node or a benign cyst.

Usually tenderness is present in case of swollen lymph nodes even though putting pressure in the stomach would not cause discomfort if it is a hernia.

You can wait for few days and take Ibuprofen in case of severe pain. Apply ice bag and observe for any change.

If the tenderness increases or there is development of any other symptom consider visiting a Physician for evaluation.

Wishing you Good health!