Small lump in the vagina. Cervical polyp present. Pap smear test report normal. What could it be?

Hi I am a 40 yr old who has just had a pap smear which came back normal , I was told I had a cervical polyp.
What needs to be done about this?
I also have a small almond sized soft squishy lump inside my vagina. What could this be?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 53 minutes later

Soft lump in the vagina could be either polyp or cystocele. It can be confirmed by your gynecologist on physical exam.

If cervical polyp then it is better to remove it, as it might cause menstrual problems.
If cystocele, you can do perineal exercises (Keigel's exercises) .

Hope I have answered your query. Any further query is most welcome.