Small itchy bump developed above eye and started spreading. How to get rid of this?

Hi...I had a brow lift a year ago and there was a small bump that developed on the right side above my right eye (about half inch above my hair line) after about 3 months. I thought it was a keloid that was developing from the brow lift. Then, an unbelievable thing happened...I felt what I thought was a skin tag developing in the area where the brow lift incision was. I went back to the doctor who did my brow lift and he pulled out a LIVE tick! It was disgusting. This was about 8 months ago. Since this time, I've had several more bumps turn up on my scalp and the itching is driving me crazy! The bumps are raised and red...on the right side where the incision from the brow lift was but are also spreading. The itching radiates back to the top of my head and toward the back. I am also exhausted during the day...around noon every day I feel like I could fall into bed. I need to see a doctor, but was wondering what your thoughts this serious? I'm feeling like this brow lift coupled with the tick situation is incredibly ironic...can you shed any light on this? Have you seen anything like this?
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 47 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query and the picture attached (although unclear), it does indeed look like a tick embedded under your skin. In my opinion you should visit your doctor at the earliest. Firstly, because the ticks seem to be multiplying and thus spreading. Secondly, because ticks can harbor many diseases-causing agents, resulting in individuals infested by ticks suffering from more than one infection. This will make the diagnosis and treatment a challenge. Thirdly, because you have children at home, and these ticks can spread to them.

Individuals exposed to ticks can suffer symptoms like fever, fatigue, body ache, joint pain, rashes, etc.

It is unfortunate that you suffered a tick situation along after your brow lift, but rest assured, these conditions are not associated, and one is not caused by the other.

Yes ma'am, we have seen tick situations. Also, health professionals practicing in a particular city/locality should be aware and capable of distinguishing the diverse, and often overlapping clinical presentation of ticks specific to that region/area.

In the meantime, please use insect repellents on your body, as well as those of your children. Wear light colored clothing, wash and dry your family's clothing in hot water or a hot dryer.

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me for any further clarifications or information. I would be glad to help.

Best wishes.