Ask a Urologist   »  

Small growths on penis base. Worried for genital warts

I have small growths on near my penis base. Been to the doctors three times seeing two different docs. They both said nothing to worry about. Would they know just by looking if it was genital warts?
Posted Sun, 3 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 17 minutes later
Thanks for your query. Small growths at penile region can be benign growths or carcinomatous growths or viral warts. It is possible with local examination to comment on the diagnosis based on number, location and consistency of the small growths. It does not require investigations like biopsy to comment. If two physicians have suggested no active intervention, i would suggest you relax and do not worry about the same. Hope you have gained clarity on the issue.
Dr Sundar
Specialist-Psychosexual disorders