Small group of red bumps on left side of lower stomach that itch. Applied cortozone cream, no help. Suggestions ?

I noticed a small group of red bumps that itch a great deal. Over a few days that started to hurt but not all the time and tot extremely. They mostly itch and are irritated by my clothing. The rash is on the left side of my lower stomach. I have applied cortozone cream which made it burn and tried vitamin e oil with the same result. The bumps have now formed a small black dot in the middle and itch a great deal. They do seem to be slightly filled but I have kept the loosely covered with a bandage to avoid irritating it
Posted Sat, 23 Jun 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 4 hours later
Hi ,

Thanks for consulting us.
This sounds like a rash of Herpes Zoster. Applying steroid cream or Vitamin E Oil won't help.
I suggest you should see a Physician preferably a Dermatologist. They will confirm the diagnosis which is usually clinical & also prescribe you medicine to decrease your symptoms.
Meanwhile try to avoid contact with other people specially pregnant ladies as this is likely to be contagious.
Hope this answers your query. Please feel free to write back if you have any other concerns.
Hope you get well soon.