Ask a Dentist   »  

Small gap between front tooth. Which type of braces do you recommend?

I would like to get braces for my teeth (which can be removable) as there is small gap between my front tooth. Please suggest me what kind of braces should I go for.

My colleague suggested me to visit Naranaya Hrudayalaya dental clinic. He says they will put braces for 2500 which can also be removed if needed. Is it ok to go with these kind of braces?
If not suggest me the kind of braces and hospital.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
OPG X-Ray and cephalometric analysis suggested.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

yes you are partially right.Removal type of braces can be given if there is minor tooth correction required, like small gaps as in your case.

You have also inquired about the kind of braces in your history.

In answer to this,i would say please see your Orthodontist(deals with mal aligned teeth exclusively) because it can be suggested only after seeing your facial profile .No two faces are same. A Cephalometric(geometric)analysis is required for this.

So you need to visit an orthodontist to get an OPG(oral pantograph)X-Ray done.

This will clearly show the roots of teeth and overall health of supporting tissues,only then it can be decided which type of braces is suitable for you.

Regarding visiting to XXXXXXX Hrudayalaya dental clinic ,it is fine you can approach there.I have no personal references there but the treatment offered there is good in my knowledge.

The cost of treatment can be decided only after final diagnosis.

Hope i have answered your query.

Please let me know for further doubts.