Small child, swallowed a karvol capsule by accident. Side effects ?

my 2-1/2 year old swallowed a karvol capsule
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later

Karvol capsule contains essential oils which benefit in decongesting when inhaled. They cause varied symptoms when ingested. Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, drowsiness, twitching and so on.

Though it is less likely to occur as the amount ingested seems low, it is wise to consult a doctor at nearby hospital.

As mentioned, I do not see any untoward events due to accidental ingestion. But I would like your daughter be monitored by a doctor at the hospital.

Hope I have answered your query. Should you have any additional concerns, I will be available for follow up.