Ask a Urologist   »  

Small bumps on the tip of penis, no pain, did not have sex since months. Could this be fungal infection?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I seem to have these very small bumps on the tip of my penis. They are almost impossible to see until my penis is erect or if I stretch the skin on the tip of my penis. They aren't in one spot or clustered but rather scattered evenly and are mostly skin colored while a few of them almost look like tiny little blood blisters the size of the tip of a pin. I haven't had sexual contact for 6 months and none of these have changed in size or become ulcerated etc. I also have not had any painful or burning urination. Could this be some kind of fungal infection? Ive been scaring myself to the point of crying on a daily basis and my anxiety isn't helping. Even as I write this I am crying from all the fear of some disease. I'm to the point where I'm too scared to even go to the hospital because I'm afraid of the diagnosis. I know that sounds stupid but that's part of my anxiety. Thank you for replying quickly as I haven't even been able to sleep for days.
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have small bumps on glans of your penis.about which you are too much worried and anxious.

Fist of all I would state that in absence of unprotected sex these are simple bumps that occur even with slight allergy to your inner wares or a simple bacterial infection due to improper personal hygiene.

Please take antibiotics orally and topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin over affected area for couple of days.

Ensure to observe proper hygiene by cleaning your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Do not worry at all , your problem is not so serious that you should be so much worried about.
It can be cured by simple measures.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..