Small bumps on both sides of neck. Painless, not growing and on same area. What are they?

Hi I feel a small bump on both sides of my neck only when I tit it to the other side. They seem small and haven't changed size. The bumps I think are around same area on both sides of my neck. They do not hurt or move when I touch or put pressure.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Geeta Sundar 22 minutes later

You say you have noticed small bump on both sides of the neck visible when you tilt it. It is not painful on touch or pressure.

I think these 'bumps' must be lymph glands that develop in response to a throat infection and persist for some time.
Another possibility is 'lipomas' - these are just local collection of fat.

They do not seem to be concerning to me. So do not worry. However if you feel their size is increasing, or they become tender to touch or the skin above changes in colour - do show it to your doctor.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept this answer if you do not have any follow up queries. Should you have any, you are welcome to post them. I will be glad to help you further.