Ask a Urologist   »  

Small bumps and spots in red color on penis head. What are they?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I have small bump and red small apots on my penile head.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later

Small red papules or erythema on penile head can result from trauma or mucosal irritation due to rubbing during intercourse or masturbation, or due to any infection fungal, viral or bacterial.

If there is no associated symptoms like itching, burning during urination or pain or pus like discharge then it could be most likely a mucosal irritation which should resolve on its own within a week.

If there are any associated symptoms or lesions increase or worsen then you need to consult your physician or a dermatologist for through examination and confirmation of diagnosis.
Treatment would be either local ointment or oral antibiotics depending on diagnosis.

If there is history of unprotected sex with multiple partners then it is better to rule out infective causes rather than wait and watch.

As of now if you have no such history and associated symptoms you may wait for a couple of days for healing.

Do maintain adequate genital hygiene and avoid applying any oil or chemical products to the affected area without your doctor’s approval.

Drink plenty of water for better relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.