Small bony lump on leg above ankle, skin on top of it is numb. Is this of concern ?

I have a small bony lump on my leg about 2 inches above my ankle. The skin on top of the lump is numb (about size of quarter), but the lump causes no pain. I am 51, female, very active, 5'6", 140 lbs. It has been there for about a year, and I forgot to ask about it at my last dr. appointment. Is this cause to be concerned?
Posted Mon, 4 Jun 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 32 minutes later

Based on the description you provided I suspect the lesion to be either a dermoid or a bony projections from one of the tarsal bones of the feet.

Both above lesions are not serious and do not cause any problem unless you see them growing in size over short time and presenting with symptoms like pain and redness.

I suggest you to observe the lump and if you see any of the changes I mentioned above do visit your treating doctor who after examination find out exact cause and advice you the cure.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.