Small black itchy bump on inner labia and outside of vagina. Have clear mucousy discharge. Treatment?

I have a very small black bump that just appeared about a month ago on my inner labia, interior side several outside of vagina. I noticed it in the shower and thought it was a black head, but now I don't think so. It itches sometimes. I've also this week had some clear mucousy discharge, but I believe I'm ovulating. I do normally have this one day per month, but this cycle it's been several days to a week. Maybe I'm just being paranoid. Thoughts?
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 2 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

It might be very helpful consulting a gynecologist. But however, it might be worthwhile getting certain precisions.
For how long have you been experience?
Have you been treated for sexually transmitted infections before?

Before studying the quality of vaginal discharge a proper clinical examination under ideal lighting conditions is very important. This shall help determine whether the search should be oriented towards infectious causes or organic courses. A vaginal swab with a biological infection, a culture and antibiotic sensitivity tests could be necessary. A good pap smear with a search for Human Papilloma Virus, which could be a predisposing factor for cervical lesions could be helpful.

I strongly suggest you consult a gynecologist for a proper clinical evaluation to the possibility of these lesions or infections first. If not, your doctor would certainly give you some practical findings based on these results.

Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health.

Best regards,
Dr Luchuo, MD.