Small amount of blood in stool after constipation. Regular colonsocopys fine except haemorrhoids. Suggest?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have regular colonsocopys and they were all fine except for XXXXXXX hemorrhoids and diverticuli but I have noticed a small amount of blood on my stool for the last few days after having several days of constipation. I will follow up with my doctor but I am in a panic right now. Help
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 9 minutes later

Thanks for writing in

After repeated normal colonoscopy with confirmed XXXXXXX hemorrhoids

Post constipation bleeding is because of erosion of the inflammed hemorrhoids by straining

Add extra fiber to your diet and take plenty of fluids orally

Sitz bath can be of some help

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern