Slipped on stairs. Noticed bruise, swelling and pain around coccyx. Chances of internal bleeding?

Hi, This morning at 7:40am I slipped on the stairs while holding my grandson in my arms , I fell directly on my coccyx , my coccyx is badly bruised and skin has come off with moderate pain in surrounding area of buttocks and just above coccyx, also my right foot and two toes was badly bruised very swollen and lacerated between toes,( there maybe a minor fracture in foot) my right arm was also badly bruised from wrist to elbow. My grandson was not harmed. I protected him , and took the brunt off the fall. I am worried I may have internal bleeding somewhere in stomach area, I have been feeling very nauseous and dizzy all morning when I sit up or stand, and funny feeling in throat. and the doctor at the hospital said I looked very pale, they gave me morphine and maxilon for nausea and a tetanus booster, plus 2 panadine forte, I hadn't had anything to eat at that stage, They said it was a combination of the fall and meds that were making me feel this way, my blood pressure before the meds was low 62/97, but increased higher while at hospital but still low. But I take atenolol 12 mg daily as well but very low dose. I also started my period about 2 hours after, though its about 5 days early and I don't seem to have usual cramps and the color looks like old dark blood. This afternoon I sat up and almost vomited but didn't I have also had headache most of afternoon, I didn't hit my head. I also have had an itchy stomach below ribs , now with little rash looking redness just a small line though, just below ribs on right side. Can I have XXXXXXX bleeding somewhere down there,? The doctor at hospital says no, I'm just worried , it's now 7:55 pm, would I have had more severe symptoms by now?
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 21 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

I appreciate the detailed description provided by you. I can understand your anxiety. It is very unlikely for you to have internal bleeding. The doctors must have given you a thorough examination before declaring it. The fall has shaken you badly and combined with the pain is making you feel dizzy and nauseous. I will suggest that you wait and watch and continue taking analgesic. If you continue having the problem then a re-examination in the emergency would be advisable to re-evaluate the situation.

I hope I have responded to your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert with any clarifications or any other thing that you would like to share.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.