Slipped on ice. Started getting pain in stomach, back and spine. How to get relief?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
A fall 4 days ago...fell hard into a sitting position after slipping on ice....pain in stomach, rib area of back and spine...pain is intense...some bruising down spine and on right side of back...back never hit the ice...
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 42 minutes later
Welcome and Thanks for posting your query.

I shall advise you to consult an orthopedician for clinical examination added by at least basic X-rays to rule out any bony/spinal injury.

You may need preliminary USG (Ultrasound) abdomen too. Look in case of trauma, injury may have bizarre presentations and it is better to consult doctor for a clinical examination and have preliminary check up.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.

Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.