Slipped down on hip. Sore to touch, not able to walk. Is it a bone or muscle issue?

I fell on my hip a week and a half ago playing soccer. It was sore the day after and the following day I was able to walk. It was tight for 3 days but I began swimming and now it is fine. The only problem I have is when I sneeze but it is getting better. Up until a week after, I had to really "control" my sneezes" but now I can sneeze at full strength but there is still discomfort. I am assuming either a bone or muscle issues. Thanks.
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

It looks like it was a pretty bad fall with significant trauma to the muscle. It will take 4 to 6 weeks to get better as the hip muscles are bulkier than the other muscles.
You could try taking analgesics like Acelofenac to help you with the pain and anti histamines like levocetrizine for the sneezing. Please ask your doctor for a prescription. The pain during sneezing is because while sneezing as a normal reflex the entire body goes into a transient state of muscle contraction, this contraction of the muscle is causing the dull sore pain.

The fact that it's getting better with time shows that healing has already started and that there is no cause for concern

I hope I have answered your query and if there are further queries I will be happy to help