Slipped and fell on knee. Started getting pain and soft lump appeared on knee. Looking for cure

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I am plus sized...but a few months back i slipped and i feel on my knees. Ended up getting a soft lump on the right side of my knee on my right leg. Was in pain for about 3 days...the pain went away but i still had the lump. I just ignored now that im working out to loose the weight. I think i over did it on the squats and now the pain is back and the lump looks slightly bigger.
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.I have gone through the clinical picture attached with the query.

From description it seems you might had soft tissue injury over knee few months back and soft lump might be due to haematoma formation(collection of blood).Now again during your squats you might develop muscle or ligament strain over your knee.
To get relief from the pain and for quick healing:
1. Do hot fomatation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and local swelling or inflammation.
4. Do not try to do exercise that involve painful muscles. Give proper time for the injury to heal.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Wishing you good health...
Dr Saurabh Gupta.