Slight sore throat started that led to fatigue, severe throat pain. Advil helps. Why am I feeling shaky now?

I woke up Wednesday morning with a slightly sore throat took Advil and was fine til mid-afternoon. Sore throat, slight ear pain has persisted since then. My throat pain is becoming more severe. This is the worst sore throat I have had in years. I can take some Advil and be ok, but over all I fatigue real easy and just don't feel well. I am and haven't had fever so I am very confused. Also, I feel like I need to cough but don't, if that makes sense. This evening I am kinda shakey feeling as well! So frustrated!
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for query.
Most of the sore throats are caused by viral infections and following home measures can take care of it.
Warm saline gargles
Taking hot liquids
Taking steam inhalation
Taking some anti allergic for cold and acetaminophen for body aches
However if your symptoms worsen or your ear ache becomes severe and it is already more than 4 to 5 days,then you should consult your doctor for examination,possible investigation and prescription of antibiotics as many times bacterial infection like streptococcal infection may be the cause for your sore throat.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any follow up query.
Thanks and best of luck.