Slight pain while walking, red and painful bump on labia minora, not itchy, no painful urination. Had unprotected sex. Could it be just irritation?

Hi this is kind of embarassing but I need to know. Tonight when I got up to use the restroom I noticed a slight pain while walking. When I was using the restroom I noticed a small very red very painful to the touch bump on my labia minora I believe its called. Its not itchy no painful urination. There is what looks like a small dark red spot in the middle of it...I tried to get it to burst but it won't drain it just hurts. I am concerned as I just had sex(multiple times), about 7 hours ago. First time in a year, and we didn't use a condom. Could it just be irritation caused by friction or rough sex. I didn't think something as serious as an std would show up in just a few hours if its a possibility so I'm kinda scared.please help.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 hours later
Its unlikely to be a sign if any std as it wont show up so early on.It could be a cystic swelling or folliculitis or even an abrasion due to rough sexual intercourse.
The only way to determine which happens to be by examination.
Try ice fomentation to reduce the pain.You can apply an antibiotic ointment also.
Avoid interference with that area for sometime.Either the abrasion will heal or if its a swelling/folliculitis then it will dissolve.
A course of antibiotics may be needed in such a case.If the problem remain after a couple of days,you should be examined by a doctor.