Slight pain in lower left side towards back. Feels like something is swollen inside. What could it be?

I have this very slight pain in my left lower side kind of towards my back more. It doesnt hurt real bad it more of just feels like something is swollen inside of me and im just wondering what it could be
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Perhaps related to kidney...

Detailed Answer:

Classically pain originating from the kidney is felt over the back below the ribs. We refer this area as flank. And sudden onset flank pain is either due to a stone or renal infection.
The next close possibility is a muscle spasms. Pain with swollen muscle are the two features of muscle spasm.

Presuming you are a completely healthy individual, I would suggest you to drink plenty of fluids. If pain is troubling you can can use tylenol pain relief over the counter medication. You should visit the ER if pain worsens or if you notice anything unusual while urination.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.