Slight lower abdominal pain and in right leg. Had an abortion. Symptom of pregnancy? Is it due to swimming?

Question
hi,i am mrunmayee.i have a slight lower abdominal pain and sometimes i have only pain in right lower abdomen,and my right leg is also paining sometimes with the abdomen and waist. is there any symptoms of pregnancy?.i had an abortion on january of this year, and after that my menstrual cycle is also regular.last month i got my periods on 22nd.i frequently go for swimming and i walk almost 2 km daily,is there any problem for my swimming?
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Women Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Hello Mrunmayee,
A mild pain in the lower abdomen along with pain in the right leg is not suggestive of pregnancy. This pain could be related to a muscular pain, premenstrual syndrome, lumbar disc problem or a renal issue. Proper examination and investigations will help in detecting the cause.
If your periods are overdue then you need to do a urine for pregnancy test to know your status of pregnancy.
Walking and swimming are good exercises. These do not alter the chances of getting pregnant.
If you are having a regular periods then there is nothing to worry.
Sex on alternate days from day 10 till day 16 is the time that the woman has the highest chances for pregnancy.You can try regularly during this fertile period to be successful.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Slight lower abdominal pain and in right leg. Had an abortion. Symptom of pregnancy? Is it due to swimming? 13 minutes later
when i am taking rest there is no pain in my abdomen,but as i walk or do some work i feel the pain.what may be the reasobn?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Pain in the abdomen only while doing some work is likely to be due to a muscular spasm. Such pains usually subside on hot fomentation and taking a mild pain killer like ibuprofen.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Slight lower abdominal pain and in right leg. Had an abortion. Symptom of pregnancy? Is it due to swimming? 2 days later
again i have a pain in my left lower abdomen.i am taking rantac 150 and fynal oz as suggested by physician.i have a mild fever and slight breast pain also..with black stool...is there any serious problem behind this?

Hello.
Pain in lower abdomen with a black stool is worrisome. It is indicative of bleeding in transverse colon and the right colon.

The blood could be caused by several different conditions, including a bleeding ulcer, gastritis and esophageal varices. Inflammatory bowel disease is an important cause of black stools and constipation and hence should be evaluated.

You need to get it evaluated from a gastroenterologist. He may do investigations like colonoscopy , upper GI endoscopy, stool culture , and barium studies .
Mild fever and slight breast pain could be related to a generalized viral infection.

Wishing you a good health.
Regards.