Slight chest discomfort after exercising, fatigue. Stent procedure done. Is it normal and how to regain energy?

Is fatique common after angioplasty. ..? Currently no chest pain .sometimes slight chest discomfort when I exercise. I usually walk 1/2 hour each day. The stent procedure was carried out 3 weeks ago. I was fit and exercised daily before the procedure and I want to regain my energy
Posted Wed, 20 Jun 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 56 minutes later

Fatigue is a general symptom seen due to low energy levels or hindered usage of energy levels.Both can happen in post operative period and are transient.Post operative period is considered a stress period with lot many chemical mediators (released during illness and during surgery) in the blood getting cleared over time.

The duration of such fatigue may depend on the underlying condition or the type of surgery undergone.In you, I would consider a 4 to 6 week duration would be normal.Fatigue more than 6 week has to be brought to the notice of the treating doctor or the surgeon who can asses and find out the exact cause.

Please do accept my answer if satisfying, with a review.

Wish you good health.