Slept with contacts. Eye started burning. How to stop this burning?

Jul 2012

I slept with contacts in overnight, I dont usually dont wear contacts I just wear them to change my eye color
I took them out and my eyes are burning what can I do to stop the burning I cant open my eyes
Posted Fri, 9 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 15 minutes later
Hi there.
Your eyes have been deprived of oxygen & the best thing to do is let them 'air' for a few days; do NOT use contact lenses.
Flush out using gentlly using plain ole tap-water but do NOT rub! You may use tear substitutes that are neutral to aid the process.
Please do visit your opthalmologist if possible & get your eyes & lenses checked. Viral & bacterial infections are very possible & need the appropriate therapy on the ground & is imperative to see your Opthalmologist on the ground!
Do hope this helps & You are soon back to normal vision & wish you good health!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD