Sleeplessness, irregular period, mood swings. Have migraine. Taking Betacap, naprosyn. Is it sign of menopause?

Hi I am XXXXXX One of my friends (a girl) faces problem of sleepless nights, irregular periods and mood swings. Her age is 24 years She has been facing this for last 9 months and we are concerned now. She also has migraine problem for last 7 months and she's taking medicine for that ( Allopathic meds are: Betacap TR 40 and Naprosyn 250mg and Homeopathic meds are: Mig care 25 gms). We consulted same doc who has given med for migraine about above prb bt he says it's because of med. Please tell us what's the reason for the same and how to prevent it? I'm afraid if it's a sign of early menopause? Mig Care 25 gms : 2 tablets at a time and thrice a day.

Betacap TR 40: twice a day.

Naprosyn: SOS to be taken when she has headaches. Generally she has headaches once in 2-3 days so she takes Naprosyn once in 2-3 days when it's unbearable
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
The symptoms you have described could be due to several causes and not only menopause. Further tests have to be done so that the cause can be determined.
Some blood tests should be done to rule out possible hormonal problems. Thyroid dysfunction,prolactenemia, ovarian cyst, PCOS, etc all need to be ruled out. Along with the bloods,an ultrasound should be done also.The meds she is taking now are for pain and ideally shouldnt cause irregular cycles. I suggest she see a gynecologist and get some tests done.