Sleeping at night, feeling faint, sudden weakness, vomiting, low blood pressure. Treatment ?

from last two days when I sleep, in night - inbetween I feel I am getting fainted - also sudden weekness and vomit . am I suffering from low blood pressure?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 27 minutes later

These feelings you are having are while you are asleep. Such changes in blood pressure or fluid levels are not normally expected while resting.

This feeling of weakness is sometimes felt during REM sleep which coincides with our dreams state.

The symptoms you are feeling might be due to hallucinations or getting deeply involved in your dreams.

If you feel that the symptoms you are feeling are while you are awake then you need to rule out electrolyte imbalance, dehydration,blood sugars,anemia and intestinal infections after consulting with your physician.

Usually these symptoms subside with good nutrition , mild exercise and a restful sleep in 7-10 days.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Sleeping at night, feeling faint, sudden weakness, vomiting, low blood pressure. Treatment ? 1 hour later
I was on trekking trip (Vashino devi) for 2 days -i could not get sleep- probably that might be reason, but sometime from last 6 month I do get such state once a while in 15-20 days.
Do you think I should go for some check-up tho last month I went through blood test- everything was normal.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.

Excessive tiredness due to the recent trekking trip might be one of the causes.

If your routine blood work last month was normal then i feel there is no reason to be worried.

These are related to the sleep stages only. The symptoms will subside once you get adequate rest and anxiety passes off.

But do get your blood pressure checked once in a while, sometimes low blood pressure too can cause it.

Wishing you an early recovery.