Ask a Urologist   »  

Sleep disturbed due to need to urinate, have external hemorrhoids, vitamin D deficiency. Should I modify my diet?

I am only able to sleep 3-4 hours before needing to wake up to make a number one? In addition I find myself going a lot during the day as well. I am 26 years old on no medications. My diet consists of grilled chicken XXXXXXX salad for lunch and dinner, Gatorade propel Zero. That has artificial sweetener in it. Usually for breakfast and at night around an hour before bedtime I have a bowl of cheerios with silk soy milk. For a snack I usually have a chocolate chip protein cookie. This is a diet that I follow on a consistent basis. Is there anything if my diet I should add or modify. In addition I have two external hemorrhoids. I have had recent lab work done showing a vitamin D deficiency . I have the copies of the test done. Need advice on this
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 18 minutes later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with XXXXXXX I will do my best to help you.

You have got urinary frequency. I do not believe that this has anything at all to do with your diet. That is the first thing.

The commonest cause of all urinary frequency is UTI) Therefore, what you need to do now, is to have a urinalysis and a urine culture and sensitivity test done. This will identify the bug and what might kill it.

Why you have developed UTI at your age is another question for another day. First things first.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.