Sleep deprivation, taken benadryl. Side effects?

I have taken 500 mg of Benadryl. I have not meant to intentionally harm myself, I just wanted to sleep as I havent slept in over 2 days.I'm a little concerned that I possibly took too much.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vidya Muralidhar 3 hours later

The dose of BENADRYL you have mentioned to have taken is 500 mg at once.The maximum adult dosage is 300 mg/day. This is an over dose of the drug and it is expected to cause side effects .

I suggest you see a doctor at the earliest and get yourself examined.

An over dose of Benadryl would cause symptoms like fever, flushing, dizziness, hallucinations, convulsions, weakness, muscle twitching.

Since you are already on many medications and hydrocodone (opioid) too, taking Benadryl in an overdose would surely warrant immediate medical attention.

Hope this answers your query. I am available for follow ups as well.