Slated for spinal surgery. Endoscopy done with laser. EKG done. Can I still have surgery?

Cardiologist
Question
I am slated for my second spinal surgery, done endoscopic, with Laser, at Laser Spine Institute, I never had any che4st pains, but my last EKG showed just a very slight abnormality in the T Wave, all else was perfect, Can I still have my surgery?
Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
From cardiology point of view you claim to be asymptomatic and your blood pressure is normal. Apart from low good cholesterol (HDL =34) there is no other abnormality. "Very Slight Abnormality of T wave" if it does not worry the anesthetist, it will not worry me so it should not worry you. Though even non specific changes of T wave can be suggestive of ischemic heart disease. For diagnosing recent ischemic insult on EKG alone T wave should be symmetrically inverted in (more than 1) standard leads I, avL, and pre cordial leads V2 to V6. which apparently is not the case so please do not stress your self and have anxiety. During peri operative period and surgery anesthesiologists are there to take care of such matter and they get such issues sorted out before they take you up for a major surgery. Regards.
With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Slated for spinal surgery. Endoscopy done with laser. EKG done. Can I still have surgery? 2 hours later
Dr. XXXXXXX
Good evening;

I, want to personally Thank You, for Honesty, and professional bed side therapy. It is better to err on the side of caution than to throw it to the wind!!
As it is, I will be on Monday for LSI to run their own patient evaluation. Hence, at around 2 P.M. I have an appointment with a Cardiologist, who shall perform an Echo Cardiogram on me, The Doctor will study, review, and determine, and have everything ready by Monday night.

Best Regards
Excellent perception by Dr. XXXXXXX
God Bless XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Mr XXXXXX

Thank you for your mail and thank you for kind words you have for me. May I pray to the Almighty that everything goes on well. Regards.

With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
Medical Specialist & Cardiologist
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW