Skipped periods and got after 50 days. Getting periods for more than a week. Is this abnormal?

Am unmarried. I dint get periods for a month and got it next month ie: i skipped a month's periods. Got after 50 days. Now that my periods are now going on for more than a week. Is it abnormal?
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 6 hours later
You seem to have some hormonal disturbance which may be temporary.
Whenever periods come after a gap they are likely to be prolonged / heavy/both.
If you are gaining weight ,be careful, because its the single most important cause of irregualr cycles.
You may start writting the cycle dates and analyse them.
Also notice hair growth on face, scalp hair loss, pigmented underarms , milky discharge from breast and swelling in neck.
If you take any hormonal pill please keep an account and be sure not to take them without prescription.