Skipped period, next lasted two weeks. How to stop it?

I am 38, not on any medication, no chance of pregnacy, skipped period for 2 months now have a period that has lasted two weeks, light, medium, light stop for a day then light sort of flow again?? How do I make it stop???
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 18 minutes later

Consult a gynecologist to look for serious reasons for painless metrorrhagia that may include uterus related issues, and understand the seriousness of amount of blood lost. Often if no serious issues found, your doctor may start you on hormonal pills to regularize the menses.

Feel free to write back if any further clarification required.