Skin went dry in winter, had pimple like allergy on skin, abdomen, thighs and back. Left visible marks. Any creams to remove marks ?

I'm 24 years old. Last year during winter, my skin had gone so dry that later i had few pimple like allergy on my skin, in abdomen, back and thighs. The pimples have now gone (after using a aloe vera cream) but marks are still visible. Could you please suggest a cream or something that could erase these marks and make my skin look clear?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Dry Skin
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

The best medicine for black marks that have been left by the pimples, is "TIME".

With time, these marks lighten up.

However to expedite the process you may use azelaic acid 20% cream, twice daily on the black spots.

With daily use of this cream, the marks will lighten up considerably in 2-3 months.