Ask a Urologist   »  

Skin tag under penis, felt in erection, no pain. Why is there?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have what feels like a skin tag under the skin of my penis. I can only feel it when I have an erection. It is not a lump, it feels just like a skin tag. There is nothing to see on my penis and it is not painful or a problem.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later

Having a skin tag like sensation under the penis on erection is usually due to the skin fascia which becomes more prominent after an erection due to the increased blood flow to the penis.

This is just a part of your normal anatomy and there is nothing to worry.

You can confirm this after an examination from a urologist.

I hope this answers your query effectively.

In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.