Skin sticking together at locations where skin touches skin. Causes and treatment ?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having a problem with my skin sticking together at locations where skin touches skin. what is the cause?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
The sticking together of skin where it touches each other is commonly seen due to excessive sweating. Sweat or perspiration often feels sticky if you sweat profusely or let the sweat dry on your skin.
The other possible causes can be menopause, an overactive thyroid gland, low blood sugar, hyperhidrosis and withdrawal from certain narcotics.
I encourage you to consult your dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Treatment includes botox shots, anti perspirants and iontophoresis depending on the severity of the problem.
Meanwhile have plenty of fluids and try to wash your skin often.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.