Skin started getting dark and pimples appeared all over. No relief from anti pigmentation treatment

Jul 2012

Hi, I am having skin problems since almost 18 years now i am 38, my skin colour has changed become very dark, the face is very dark checks are little fairer compared to forehead and chin.. I took anti pigmentation treatment through and off late homeopathy treatment through Dr. Batras.. for almost 18 months but i did not find any change. I get boils/pimples all over my body and also blackheads, the skin is very dry. If i apply any mositouriser or any cream i become more darker..
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 16 minutes later
Hi there.
Tx for writing in to XXXXXXX & for your detailed history.
I would greatly appreciate some photographs of the affected regions of skin to further help you better if possible. Dont worry this site is secure & you may use your upload data icon..but please do ensure they are of clear resolution.
If you have taken treatment for 18 mths & found no respite, then perhaps it is time to also consider visiting a doctor near you & would be happy to recommend a good dermatologist in your region if you tell me where you hail from.
Await your photos to proceed further or please let me know if you feel i should give you an opinion based on this information or can add in any way to it.
Cheers & best regds,
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore