Skin rashes near testicles. Can Evion cream be used?

Hi Doctor, I am 29 year old and getting married soon. Some scar/rash is developing on my underwear line near testicles on both sides since last month. I do masturbate at least thrice a week. It is increasing gradually now. It's not much itchy. Please suggest good medicines. I went to chemist shop they have suggest Evion cream. Is is good to appy near the public area? I can provide pics if required. My skin quality is also not good. Any medicine for glowing skin. Please Answer..Thank You !!
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 43 minutes later
You could be having a fungal skin infection or a rash due to the elasticity of the underwear.Try to wear some loose underwear and apply vaseline at that location
If its a rash/infection then try soframycin cream.
Another possibility is that the area is not dried well after bath causing fungal infection.The differentiation should be made by a examination by the dermatologist.For better skin,overall,avoid oily spicy food.Plenty of water.
Vitamin supplementation/omega fatty acids may be of help.
High protein diet is recommended.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Skin rashes near testicles. Can Evion cream be used? 11 hours later
Thank you very much!! I am quite satisfied with your answer.
I think it is because of infection, so I will go for soframycin cream as advised. How many times, when and how long should I apply the cream in infected area?

Warm Regards,
Health Seeker
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.

You can apply the cream 2-3 times a day till the infection clears. There may be some burning sensation immediately after application, but it usually stops soon.

If it continues, then stop using the cream. It suggests that, you may be sensitive to the cream.

Always apply on dry area.

I hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health.