Skin rashes around joints after bath. Suggestion?

my 35 yr old daughter has just gone on holiday to argentina and has a rash around her joints after a shower
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 37 minutes later

1. If the rash is not accompanied by any pain or fever or joint pain or itching, then this is most likely contact associated. It's possibly due to contact dermatitis or it could be bite related.

2. Fungal infections like psoriasis can also be a possibility but only and examination can confirm that.

3. Allergic rashes are less likely because that would cause rashes all over the body and not be localised to the joints.

My suggestions are:

- If there are no associated symptoms, then apply cold water to the affected area. She can take anti histamine tablets if necessary.
- If there is pain, fever, itching etc then a bite is likely and she needs to seek medical attention as soon as possible.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.