Skin problem, red boil, swollen, painful. Biopsy done. Diagnosed faliculitis with abscess formation. Any medication for this?

dear doctors, I am XXXXXXX

I am suffering from skin problem, i have been attended for biopsy medical test
in the reports they have highlighted that "Faliculitis with abscess formation"

A boil looks like a red, swollen, painful bump under the skin. As the infection progresses, a whitish tip, also called a point or head, can appear at the center of the boil. This tip is usually the area where the boil's pus will drain.

Any medicine for this dease , please hlep me.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 10 hours later

Thanks for writing.

With your description of the problem, "vasculitis" or "perforating folliculitis" come to my mind.

But before going on to the treatment part I want to be sure of the diagnosis.

I request you to attach a picture of the affected region and the biopsy report. You can do this by using the upload your report feature on the left hand side of the query page.
It will help me in giving you a better suggestion.

To give you a brief idea, the treatment usually consists of antiinflammatory drugs and sometimes mild immunosuppressants.

Awaiting your response

Best regards
Follow-up: Skin problem, red boil, swollen, painful. Biopsy done. Diagnosed faliculitis with abscess formation. Any medication for this? 13 hours later
Dear doctor,
i tried to upload the report,but i coudnt. so i typed entire report.

sorry sir, i count respond immediately as i was in office.

Biopsy of the postule of the lesion on the dorsum of right palm for HPE

subcorneal pustular dermatosis.

specimen consists of single grey white bits of skin tissue, measuring about 0.4 cms. Entire tissue is taken for processing.

Multiple sections studied shows the structure of skin tissue with epidermis and dermis. The epidermis shows variable acanthosis. The upper dermis shows a pustular formation just beneath the basal layer of surrounding a hair follicles. It comprises of degenerating neutrophils. Rest of the dermis and adnexae are within normal limits.

I think this will help us to go for further treatment.
Awaiting for ur valuable response.

thanks & regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 7 hours later
Thanks for the reply.
You may be having chronic superficial follicultis.

The treatment for this condition is to use an antiseptic soap having triclosan.
Long term antibiotic therapy with doxycycline is also given for 4-5 months.

The problem is controllable.

As these are prescription drugs, I would suggest you to follow up with your dermatologist.
If you can again try to upload your pic, it will be helpful.