Skin problem. Prescribed defza30. Opinion and advise?

I have a severe skin problem for last one and half year. Doctor has asked me to take 1 Tab. daily of Defza30 for 3 days. I am diabitic also. What is your opinion?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later

Tab Defza is a steroid , Steroids are known to rise the blood glucose levels but not too serious if used on short course , low dose and in unavoidable situations.Their use is not strictly contraindicated in diabetics. It is benefit weighed, whether to be advised for a diabetic or not.Hence I would want to know the exact diagnosis of the skin rashes you have or images of the lesions at least.

Please attach images of your skin problem , after going which I could be able to advise you further.

Anticipating your response,

Follow-up: Skin problem. Prescribed defza30. Opinion and advise? 10 hours later
As required by the Doctor, I am sending the complete history in the attachments. Now I await to receive your advice.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for the reports ,

After having a look over all the reports attached, I see that all your blood parameters are in range except mild lower value of haemoglobin which is of not much serious consideration.

I shall suggest you to continue the dosage course of Tab Defza 30 as advised by your doctor. There is no obvious risk in taking the above medication.

Wish you al the best and a speedy recovery.