Skin pimple on uvula,anxiety,benign

Question
ONE SMALL SKIN COLOR PIMPLE ON UVULA WHAT CAUSES THAT DOCTOR CLAIMS IT IS NOTHING JUST BENIGN BUT IT MAKES ME VERY NERVOUS
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later

A small skin color pimple on your uvula might just be a skin tag. It is like a benign outgrowth of the skin.
You only need to self monitor it for any change in size, shape, color, pain, ulceration, discharge, irregularity of margins, etc. If any such abnormality appears then you need to consult your dermatologist immediately.
Still if this tag is making you feel uncomfortable you can get it removed from your dermatologist by cauterisation or dermabrasion.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Regards.

Follow-up: Skin pimple on uvula,anxiety,benign 1 hour later
could anixiety cause this because i do live in a lot of anixiety

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Anxiety cannot cause appearance of skin tags although it can increase the appearance of pimples.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.