Skin peeling off on hands. Prescribed with Zocon, Allegra, vitamin C and candid B cream. Symptoms getting worse

Dear Doctor,
I have got this skin allergy in my hands where my skin is peeling off since the last 2 - 3 weeks. I consulted a general doctor and he prescribed a Zocon every week and allegra and vitamin C every day along with Candid B cream. However, there has been no improvement, and the problem is only getting worse. Please suggest what to do?
Posted Mon, 2 Jul 2012 in Dry Skin
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 32 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
In addition to the treatment prescribed by your physician, I would suggest the following:
a.     Avoid handling soaps, detergent, cosmetics, hand wash. You can use surgical gloves while handling these materials. Switch to a milder soap and apply oil on your hands every time you wash them.
b.     Stop handling any irritants like chemicals or paints.
c.     Apply Vaseline, moisturizing cream on palms.

If there is no improvement then consult dermatologist for examination and diagnosis.
I hope I have answered your query,
If you have further query, please do not hesitate to ask.
I will be happy to help.