Skin peel done on face. Noticed burning, blisters and swollen on forehead. What is the problem?

Hello I had a skin peel done on Sunday on my face.than week later I had a moisturizing facial and right after that I went to sea world from 11am till 3. When I got back my skin was burning me red with blisters at the top of my witch is Monday a day later I notice that the middle of my forhed is swallen! Please help
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later

There seems to be an acute sun burn as you describe it. You just need to stay home for couple of days.

Sun burn reaction subsides on its own without leaving marks. Meantime you just need to put cold water dipped clean cloth on your face for 10 minutes for five times a day. I'd not like to suggest any medication at this stage.

Facial treatments generally open up the pores on the skin which are prone for infections. Hence the experts advise to stay home for 24 hours after such treatments. The second problems are because of the chemical ingredients used in such facials which can turn toxic to sensitive skin.

So please be aware of them next time. For now just stay home and cold towels help. The best thing is not to touch them with fingers or instruments or soaps as they attract infection.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have further queries else you can close our discussion here.