Skin pain on the back, feels hot and cold with tingling. What could be going on?

The skin on my back hurts. It feels like it's cold and hot at the same time, Pins and needles feeling. not sure how to better explain it. there is no rash or inflammation. wish I could describe better. Please help me figure out what is going on, Thank you,
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
The pins and needle sensation along with feeling of hot and cold points towards nerve pathology or neuropathy
This could be found in spinal cord disorder, alcohol use, diabetes, cervical spondylitis, vitamin B1 B6 B12 deficiency, low sugar conditions, low calcium levels.
Another cause could be nerve compression or impingement leading to notalgia paraesthetica which presents itself usually below left shoulder blade or in between the two shoulder blades.

As you can see there are multiple causes, the most probable underlying cause can only be clinched by detailed clinical history, examination and investigations. For the same I would advise that you XXXXXXX a physician nearby.

Hope that helped.