Skin on upper torso sensitive to touch, chest tightness and have extreme sun burn. How to get cured?

My skin on my upper torso is extremely sensitive to touch, the feeling as if I had extreme sun burn. Also my chest is tight and feels like someone is pushing down on it when I take a XXXXXXX breath
I wondered if it was just tiredness as I have had a long day and been up since 4am but had many days like this and never had this before
It is especially painful around my armpits and breasts, to touch my skin feels like pins pricking my skin.
There is no rash or anything to see
I also have a headache
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 3 hours later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

These are the possibilities I can think of

1. Breast and armpit tenderness, headache and chest tightness could be to
pre menstrual syndrome.
2. Fibroadnoma/ cyst in the breast
3. Gastritis/GERD
4. Chest infection
5. some inflammation in the breast
6. Stress/ Anxiety

It would be better if you visited your physician ; who might perform a breast examination and respiratory system examination. It might be worthwhile to do a few basic investigations like hemoglobin, WBC count, thyroid function test , blood sugars,ECG , Blood pressure recording , if your doctor thinks it necessary.

In the meantime have plenty of warm fluids to drink. Have a Tylenol(acetaminophen 500mg) if no history of drug allergy and see if it helps.

I hope I have answered your queries .I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

In case you don't have any further queries, please accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Have a great day.
Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan