Skin on scrotum is red, peeling and sore. Indicate the cure?

The skin on my scrotum is red, peeling and sore. Started a few days ago.
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would tell you need to see a doctor for this because it will be difficult to give you any diagnosis based on these symptoms but still we can discuss the possibilities .

It can be a superficial skin allergy or infection . Other possibility is that there is some infection in the scrotum itself which is leading to outside skin manifestation .
For this physical examination is required and may be USG scrotum will be required if swelling is also there . Kindly see your family doctor regarding this.

Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Skin on scrotum is red, peeling and sore. Indicate the cure? 50 minutes later
Thank you but I'm pretty sure there is no infection. I forgot that a week or so I started taking a Rx for Rosacia on my forehead, The Rx is doxycycline hyclate. Would that change the diagnosis?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be .

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thanks for reverting back.

Well Sir,

It can be a reaction to doxycycline also. I will advise you to contact your treating physician who prescribed this drug to you and till then hold it on . It is very likely to be reaction by doxyxcycline only but still we need to confirm on this.

Dr. Shruti