Skin near scrotum has got dark. No jock itch but constantly sweaty genital area and urge to itch

The skin on my legs under and near the scrotum has recently gotten quite dark, and the boarders of the dark regions have become increasingly well defined. I don't think I have jock itch, but I do have a constantly sweaty genital area, and a strong urge to itch. I was also diagnosed with mono last week, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
photograph required

Detailed Answer:
thanks for the query.
with your description its appearing like tinea cruris or in other words jockey itch.
In order to confirm diagnosis i need to see a photograph of lesions.
please attach a photograph of the lesion so l can help you better.
waiting for your rrsponse.
Thank you